NOTE: Your wireless operator, mobile operating system provider and/or third-party applications, toolbars, services, “plug-ins”, social media platforms and websites may also collect, use and share information about you and your device and your usage. The IoT Group privacy policies do not cover any third parties, their products, actions or their services. The IoT Group cannot control how third parties collect, use or secure your data. For information about third-party privacy practices, please consult their privacy policies. Only download applications from, and interact and connect with, reputable third parties.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
When you use our Services, you may provide information to us, both online and offline, including, for example: your name, email address, street address, phone numbers, fax number, date of birth, device identifiers, location data, your provider information, photos, videos and demographics (gender, company or organisation name, occupation, language preference, city, country, postcode, area code, time zone, etc). If you purchase Services from us, we may also store your credit card numbers or other payment information, as required. We may hold and associate any information you provide us with information gathered from other sources, including the social media accounts and applications that you choose to associate with your use of the Services, or with information we receive from other companies.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
When you use the Services, we automatically collect some information. We may collect information about your usage of and activity on our Services. When you visit our websites, information we may automatically log includes, for example, your operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language and the website that you visited before visiting our website. When you use our devices, download and use our applications, or access the Services from your device, we may also log information related to your device and your use of our applications and Services. We may log, for example, the date you activate your device, your location, phone number, device type, serial number, device identifiers (e.g., IMEI, MEID, serial number, CID, MID and MCC ID Number or SIM card ID), the types and versions of mobile operating systems on your device, applications and software you install and use and how you use them, content you view or use and time-stamped logs of data exchanges. If you use the Services to back up and store your device data and content with an independent third party service provider, we will collect certain information needed to help restore your data and content to your device, such as your device settings and the names of files and applications that you wish to back up.
We may also log information about you using web beacons, cookies, local shared objects (LSOs) and similar methods (examples of which are defined below). We may automatically link any of the information that we collect about you using these methods to information that you provide us and any other information that we collect about you in accordance with this Policy.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are electronic images we may use on our websites or in our emails to deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness, such as whether you open and act on an email that we send you.
Local Shared Objects (“Flash Cookies”). We use local shared objects, also known as “Flash Cookies”, to store your preferences, such as volume control, or to display content based upon what you view on our websites in order to personalise your visit. Flash Cookies are different from other cookies because of the amount and type of data collected, and the way in which data is stored. To learn more about the privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, please click here.
Usage Data and Error Reporting. In addition to the information we automatically collect, as described above, we may collect more detailed de-identified data about your device usage and error report data about your device. When you participate in these programmes, you help us to understand how you use your device and improve The IoT Group devices and products and services of other trusted partners. The IoT Group may re-identify this data when appropriate; for example, when you request technical support, choose to use a specific The IoT Group service or app.
Others, including third party analytics service providers and third party ad service providers, as described in the section below, may also automatically collect the same or similar information about you and your device when you use the Services, including personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third party website and applications.
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH ADVERTISING
We may use third-party ad service providers to serve ads in our Services. We may also use third parties to deliver or help us deliver IoT Group branded ads to you on third-party websites. To deliver these ads, third parties automatically collect certain information about you and your devices and your use of the Services. This information may include visits to the websites and applications of The IoT Group and others, your IP address, your Internet service provider, and the browser that you use to visit our website.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
IoT Group may use your information, including personal information, to:
- Operate and improve our websites, products, Services and marketing;
- Provide you with a personalised and customised experience, content, marketing and recommendations across all our Services;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and deliver products and Services that you request;
- Send you information related to your requests and purchases, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about contests, promotions, rewards, upcoming events and news about products and services offered by The IoT Group and our selected partners (we do this as per your choices, as outlined by our policies) and to process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine your personal information with other information we get about your use of other The IoT Group Services and from third parties for the purposes that we disclose in this policy, including to help understand you and your needs, and provide you with recommendations, better service and customised marketing;
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity;
- Filter the content to be displayed as part of the Services;
- Compile usage and other statistics and insights relating to the Services; and
- Facilitate sharing of information and content that you upload via social media.
MORE ABOUT LOCATION DATA
When you use certain Services, we may collect, process, store and share your precise location data. This location information may include real-time geographic location of your device. It may also include the names of places that you have been, where you choose to “check-in”, to determine, log or share your location, places that you mark on a map, the geographic location, dates and other metadata of photos that you’ve taken, routes that you have travelled, how close you are to other devices, such as Bluetooth-enabled devices, Wi-Fi routers and services that use those devices (such as a store’s tracking of your movement for data collection and marketing purposes) and the dates and times that you were at certain locations. The IoT Group may share your location data with application providers who show that they have the right permissions. The IoT Group may associate location data with personally identifiable or identifying information, such as your device ID and your account information. Our Services may also collect precise location data in a de-identified form, and we may share this data with partners and carriers to improve features and services.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information you share
The Services may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content and information publicly or with people you specify. You may also connect to, and share your information on, third-party social media platforms, websites, applications and services (“Third-Party Sharing Services”) through “plug-ins,” widgets, buttons, and other third party features made available on and connected with our Services. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information that you choose to make public or share with others. We also cannot control and are not responsible for any Third-Party Sharing Services or their actions, including the data that these Third-Party Sharing Services collect from you and your device, or how they use such data. Please review the privacy policies of all Third-Party Sharing Services to understand their privacy practices.
Information we share
We may share your personal information as follows:
For the purposes of a business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. Business deals may include any merger, financing, acquisition or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
For legal, protection, security and safety purposes, including:
- To comply with laws or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests and legal processes (such as a search warrant or other court order);
- To verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services ;
- In an emergency, including protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers or any other person.
With those who use the information to provide services to us or on our behalf:
- Your information may be shared among The IoT Group affiliates. We may disclose your information to any company in the The IoT Group (which includes our affiliates and related companies, contractors to whom we have outsourced the provision of services to our customers and any other entity operating under The IoT Group brand name with authority from The IoT Group);
- We also may share your information with trusted business partners, including wireless carriers. These entities may use your information to provide you with services you request, make predictions about your interests and may provide you with promotional materials, advertisements and other materials. Their use of your information is subject to their privacy policies;
- We may disclose your information to our service providers, suppliers, contractors, dealers, distributors, resellers, repair centres, agents, and business partners who help us deliver the Services to you or provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with billing or that send emails on our behalf;
- We may disclose your information to professional advisors in the course of obtaining professional advice.
We may share aggregated and de-identified data with others for any purpose.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION; TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION; RETENTION
We may also use or disclose your personal information to provide you with information about products, promotions, special offers and other information which relates to our Services or which we believe may be of interest to you. We may send you such information by email, SMS text message and/or any other form of electronic messages, post, fax or smartphone applications, social networking websites or any other method which becomes relevant from time to time.
When you provide us with information about yourself, you will usually be given the option to let us know that you do not want that information to be used for direct marketing purposes. You can change your mind about your preferences in respect of direct marketing and make choices at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the relevant communication, or by contacting our Privacy Officer.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION OR MAKING A COMPLAINT
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We strive to protect personal information by taking appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to help guard against unauthorised or unlawful access, use, processing or alteration of the personal information that we obtain from you through our Services and against any breaches or loss of such personal information. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
We are not responsible for the security of any independent third-party applications and services or the data those third-party applications and services may collect about you. Please ask those third parties how they keep your data safe.
If you have any questions or wish to access or correct your personal information, make a complaint or change your preferences in respect of direct marketing, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
OK IOT GROUP Pty Limited
Suite 902, Level 9
100 William St. East Sydney 2011